Friday, September 21, 2012

I know the owner is the No. 1 fan


It’s something that’s very, very nice, you’ve got to give all the credit to [general manager] Mike Rizzo for putting the team together with a lot of chemistry. That was more important. You can have a good team, but without a lot of chemistry, it’s not going to work. …



People don’t know how hard it is to put a team together to make the playoffs. Playoffs is something you dream of. You go to spring training, it [is] never going to be a good year when you don’t make the playoffs. … It’s happened. I’m happy for a lot of people there. They’re all my friends on that team. It’s a dream come true for a lot of people. For the city, it’s very nice. It’s a city that loves baseball.
It’s a great organization, it’s a great city to live in. For the family, it’s a great city. You feel safe all the time. But more important is the way they treat you here. The owner’s a great person. The family is unbelievable. And all the coaches, it’s nice. The office people — everybody’s nice. That was something that was very good, and I feel good. I feel good. I feel like I’m at home.
I feel bad for Strasburg, but … he’s a franchise player, too, same like Jordan. And I think you got to take care of what you’ve got. You don’t want to push the guy too much. I understand Mike Rizzo, and if I’m Mike Rizzo right now, I’d do it the same way. And Strasburg, he got to understand that he’s got to take care of himself.
There’s more playoffs to come, I think. This city, I think, is going to be in the World Series, if not this year, next year or really soon, and win the World Series title. … You don’t want to blow his arm again.
I know the owner is the No. 1 fan, you see the owner catching fly balls in center field, because he loves baseball, it’s something that you never see on a lot of teams. I think on any team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home